So for one of my goals this year to help me focus more on reading and having more fun with my reading schedule, I am participating in two Bout of Books reading challenges plus a handful of other challenge this year! I’ve participated in these reading challenges in the past couple years and I’m usually able to get a good amount of reading done.
I’m hoping to be able to find enough time for this reading challenge to get a couple of books read. Things are picking up at work, so it my be a little tougher during the week, but I have GOAL DAY next Saturday and I should be able to make up some time then.
For those of you who don’t really know much about Bout of Books, it is basically a week-long, no pressure read-a-thon that has been going strong since 2011! Here is a description directly from the Bout of Books blog:
The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda Shofner and Kelly Rubidoux Apple. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, January 7th and runs through Sunday, January 13th in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure. There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional. For all Bout of Books 24 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog. – From the Bout of Books team
The Bout of Books Read-a-Thon was created by Amanda @ On a Book Bender on a complete whim in August 2011. It took on a life of its own and was such a hit that Amanda decided to do it again and turn it into a somewhat regular occurrence.
- Bout of Books is a week long read-a-thon, usually from 12:01am on a Monday through 11:59pm on a Sunday in whatever time zone you are in.
- It is low pressure, meaning participants are only asked to push themselves to read more than they normally would during any given week. There is no competition between readers.
- How much time a reader wants, and can commit, to read, tweet, or network with fellow bloggers is left to individual preference. All challenges and giveaways are optional.
- Networking with fellow bloggers is actively encouraged, though never required.
- Use Twitter to post updates throughout the read-a-thon. Everyone will be tweeting with the #boutofbooks hashtag.
I’ve been reading pretty close to on schedule lately and I’m hoping to continue that trend over the next week!
Time Devoted to Reading
My goals for this read-a-thon are that I’d like to participate in as much as I can: the daily posts plus reading every day. I’d really like to just focus on getting back into reading. I picked it up again over the holidays but I’ve lost the schedule again with how crazy the last week or so has been.
Books to Read
- Finish The Winter of the Witch by Katherine Arden (I didn’t get a chance to finish it over the weekend)
- Read current NERCA 2019 book assignment (I volunteered to judge but unfortunately can’t review or reveal the books until March when finalists are announced)
- Read An Anonymous Girl by Greer Hendricks and Sarah Pekkanen
- Read next NERCA 2019 book assignment
- (If I can fit in any more) Read from my Backlog list using the Bookish 52 Ways to Kill Your TBR Reading Challenge!
- A book you
boughtrequested for the cover
- A book you’re embarrassed you haven’t read yet
- A book you
List is a little ambitious but with Saturday and Sunday focused on reading who knows how much I’ll get accompished! I would’ve loved to take the whole week off and just read non-stop but work has been consistently busy since over a year ago, plus things are starting to pick up in preparation for our “busy season.” Anyways, I’m really looking forward to this week-long reading challenge devoted to reading ! If you do want to join make sure to add yourself to the page’s Sign Up Post by Tuesday, January 8th at 11:59pm! Happy reading!